Direct-to-Head, Billet Aluminium, individual throttle bodies for the Ford Zetec E ‘Silvertop’ Engine. There is a range of throttle sizes available as standard including 42mm, 45mm, and 48mm throttle bores with custom throttle sizes are also available on request.
Please note that this kit is not suitable for the Zetec ST170 cylinder head.
When sizing your throttle bodies we would recommend as a guide the following,
|Engine Size||Throttle Size|
However, it might be beneficial to either increase or decrease the throttle size for a given engine depending on the state of tune and its intended use. We would be happy to advise on the most suitable throttle size to suit your engine’s requirements.
These throttle bodies have been developed for the Motorsport and modified car markets. The throttle body outlets are shaped to match the Zetec Heads inlet port shape. The transition from throttle bore size to head port shape is gradual enough to ensure minimal disturbance of the airflow, but close enough to the head to maintain maximum airflow as close to the valves as possible. Whilst the inlet track is as straight and direct as possible to maximize airflow and speed into the combustion chamber.
The kit is supplied complete with;
- 4 Billet Aluminium Throttle Bodies
- Billet Aluminium Head Flange
- Interconnecting linkages
- Velocity Stacks / Trumpets
- Fuel Rail
- Mounting Hardware
These bodies feature;
- Direct to head Mounting – removing the need for an intermediate manifold
- Spaced to match the cylinder inlets – direct air feed with minimal direction changes.
- Integrated Injector mounting
- Adjustable throttle stops and linkage
- Modular Design enables easy customisation, upgrades and allows them to be easily transferable
Customizable options allow each set to be tailored to meet the requirements of each application.
Customisable / Optional features include;
- Selection of Throttle Size
- Take-offs for vacuum pipework
- A Range of trumpet lengths to fine-tune the intake length
* These throttle bodies have been designed to fit the engine, not a car, it is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that these items will fit within their engine bay.
** Images for illustration only