Direct-to-Head individual throttle bodies for the Mazda MX5 1.8 BPZE Engine.
These MX5 throttle bodies for the 1.8 mk2.5 have been developed for the Motorsport and modified car markets to provide the best performance possible. The transition from throttle bore size to BPZE head port shape is gradual enough to ensure minimal disturbance of the airflow, but close enough to the head to maintain maximum airflow as close to the valves as possible. Whilst the inlet track is as straight and direct as possible to maximize airflow and speed into the combustion chamber.
Our direct to head throttle bodies are available without port injection which allows the existing fuel injector location and fuel rail to be retained. Port injection bodies can be supplied with suitable bungs for the Mazda in-head injection holes in the standard cylinder head.
The kit is supplied complete with;
- 4 Billet Aluminium Throttle bodies
- Billet Aluminium Head Flange to suit the Mazda BPZE Cylinder Head
- Velocity Stacks / Trumpets (choice of lengths)
- Mounting Hardware
These are ideal for your race and track day MX5.
These throttle bodies feature;
- Direct to head Mounting – removing the need for an intermediate manifold
- Spaced to match the cylinder inlets – direct air feed with minimal direction changes.
- Integrated Injector mounting (can be blocked off using the injector bungs)
- Adjustable throttle stops and linkage
- Modular Design enables easy customisation, upgrades and allows them to be easily transferable
Customizable options allow each set to be tailored to meet the requirements of each application.
Customisable / Optional features include;
- Selection of Throttle Size
- Integrated bypass screw – for balancing idle requirements
- Take-offs for vacuum pipework
- A Range of trumpet lengths to fine-tune the intake length
* These bodies have been designed to fit the engine, not a car, it is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that these items will fit within their engine bay.