As we are a group of passionate motorsport fans we run our own race team competing in the in the BARC(NW) CNC Heads Sports and Saloon Car Championship. We have had successful results achieving podium finishes within our class. Our Ford Fiesta XR2i has been built by us at Gradient Engineering and is a dedicated race car. From its humble beginnings as a sporty hatchback the Fiesta has undergone a full transformation into the competitive racing car it is today. Our talented Designers and Engineerings have improved every aspect of the Fiesta from the suspension to the engine. But the development hasn’t stopped yet, we are constantly working to improve the car in all areas for racing and developing new products to both us and our customers go faster for longer.
- Full Welded in 6 Point roll cage
- FIA compliant Seat
- 6 Point FIA Harnesses
- Relocated steering wheel for better driver positioning
- Reinforced body shell to increase chassis stiffness
- Lightened Paneling
- Perspex Windows
The heart of the original Ford 1.6 litre CVH Engine remains, due to class regulation restricts, but the internals and auxiliary components have been developed and improved to extract the maximum potential from the engine.
- Individual Throttle Bodies, Designed by Gradient
- Newman Cam Phase 4 Camshaft
- High Compression 12.4:1
- Forged Pistons
- Forged Rods
- Ported, polished and flow balanced head
- Gaz Coilover suspension all round gives the ability to optimize the spring rate and damping for the best setup at a given track