Direct-to-Head, Billet Aluminium, Individual Throttle Bodies for the Mazda MX5 1.6 Engine.
These MX5 throttle bodies for the 1.6 DOHC engine have been developed for the Motorsport and modified car markets to provide the best performance possible. The throttle body outlets are shaped to match the MX5 Heads inlet port shape. The transition from throttle bore size to head port shape is gradual enough to ensure minimal disturbance of the airflow, but close enough to the head to maintain maximum airflow as close to the valves as possible. Whilst the inlet track is as straight and direct as possible to maximize airflow and speed into the combustion chamber.
The kit is supplied complete with;
- 4 Billet Aluminium Throttle bodies
- Billet Aluminium Head Flange
- Mounting flange
- Fuel Rail
- Velocity Stacks / Trumpets (choice of lengths)
- Mounting Hardware
These are ideal for your race and track day MX5.
These bodies feature;
- Direct to head Mounting – removing the need for an intermediate manifold
- Spaced to match the cylinder inlets – direct air feed with minimal direction changes.
- Integrated Injector mounting
- Adjustable throttle stops and linkage
- Modular Design enables easy customization, upgrades and allows them to be easily transferable
Customizable options allow each set to be tailored to meet the requirements of each application.
Customisable / Optional features include;
- Selection of Throttle Size
- Take-offs for vacuum pipework
- A Range of trumpet lengths to fine-tune the intake length
* These bodies have been designed to fit the engine, not a car, it is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that these items will fit within their engine bay.